Establishment of an Interest List for Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
The Fresno Housing Authority manages the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV, also known as “Section 8”) program for the City of Fresno and the Fresno County Housing Authorities. The Housing Choice Voucher program provides rental assistance to eligible low-income families, which helps them afford safe, quality housing. The Fresno Housing Authority will be accepting pre-applications online for both Housing Choice Voucher programs beginning:
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 10:00 am and closing on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Pre-applications will be accepted online only at www.fresnohousing.org/onlineapplication
Those interested in receiving a voucher can submit a pre-application for both the City HCV Interest List and the County HCV Interest List. Eligible applicants may receive a voucher from either the City Housing Authority or County Housing Authority, and have the option to live anywhere in the County of Fresno.
As vouchers become available, pre-applications will be randomly pulled from the Interest List using a lottery system and in order of the preferences selected in the pre-application. It is very important that ALL applicants read the preference criteria carefully and make sure to check each box for any eligible preferences. Preferences include residency in Fresno County, elderly/disabled, and/or US Veteran. Preferences will be verified during the eligibility process. For more information on preferences visit www.fresnohousing.org/preferences.
Applicants may check the status of their pre-application by logging into their online portal account at www.fresnohousing.org/onlineapplication
– Pre-applications must be submitted at fresnohousing.org/onlineapplication.
– Applicants can apply anywhere internet access is available. Applicants can also apply with any mobile device.
– Applicants must have a valid email account prior to completing a pre-application.
– For help logging into an existing online portal account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Applicants who do not have access to a computer or mobile device can apply at any Fresno County Library or any computer lab at the following Fresno Housing properties:
Fresno Housing Computer/Internet Access Sites:
– Fresno Housing Central Office – 1331 Fulton Street, Fresno CA 93721
– Legacy Commons – 2255 S. Plumas, Fresno, CA 93706
– Parc Grove Commons – 2674 E. Clinton Avenue, Fresno CA 93703
– Yosemite Village – 709 W. California, Fresno CA 93706
– Cedar Courts – 4430 E. Hamilton, Fresno CA 93702
– Mountain View Community Center – 1295 J Street, Orange Cove CA 93646
– Rio Villas – 1238 P. Street, Firebaugh CA 93622
– Cueva de Oso – 1445 Peach Street, Selma CA 93662
– Paseo 55 – 12th Street, Reedley CA 93654
– Blossom Trail Commons – 285 J Street, Sanger, CA 93657
For more information on hours for the above locations, please visit: www.fresnohousing.org/onlineapplication
Community Internet Access Sites and Hours
– Fresno County Public Libraries (www.fresnolibrary.org/branch/all.html)
The pre-application is on the main page of Fresno Housing website (www.fresnohousing.org) under the “Quick Links” box located at the bottom right hand corner by clicking on FH Online Application. This site is available 24 hours a day.
If you are a person with disabilities and require a Reasonable Accommodation, or have extenuating circumstances that prevents you from applying online, assistance will be provided.
The applicant will receive a confirmation number when applying online.
All address/contact changes must be reported within 10 business days and updated online. Please allow one week after submitting pre-application to log back into your account to view your status or update changes.
Each household may only submit one pre-application for the City and one for the County. Duplicate pre-applications within either list will not be accepted and will only delay the process.
There is no charge to submit a Housing Choice Voucher pre-application.
Eligible applicants must be income eligible and pass a criminal background check at the time they are pulled from the Interest List. Income Limits are posted on the website.
Applicants who are not selected for a waiting list will have an opportunity to reapply when the Interest List re-opens in the future. Pre-applications not selected for a waitlist will be cancelled.
After closing on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 the Interest List will remain open for limited preferences and referral-based programs only. A list of limited preference and referral-based programs can be located in Chapters 3, 25 and 26 of the Administrative Plan which can be located on the website at www.fresnohousing.org
The Fresno Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, family status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, or gender identity in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.
Fresno Housing Authority continues to create vibrant communities, build quality affordable housing, and support the success of approximately 50,000 residents throughout the county — who either reside in Housing Authority-owned complexes or receive Housing Choice Vouchers.