MTW Demonstration Program
What is the Moving to Work (MTW) Demonstration Program?
The MTW Demonstration Program allows high performing Public Housing Agency’s (PHAs) to design and test innovative, locally designed housing and self-sufficiency strategies for low-income families. MTW allows PHAs more flexability in order to better serve the needs of their local community. Fresno Housing (FH) is considering applying to the MTW program under Cohort #2, which will test rent reform policies and their impacts on families. Fresno Housing encourages comments and suggestions from residents as FH develops their MTW Plan. If you have any questions concerning Fresno Housing’s MTW participation, please send an email to email@example.com.
Fresno Housing MTW Application Schedule:
- October 1, 2020 – Notices sent to FH residents/program participants of the Agency’s intention to participate in the MTW Demonstration Program.
- October 14, 2020 – Resident/program participant meeting
- November 2, 2020 – Resident/program participant meeting
- November 3, 2020 – Draft MTW Plan available for public inspection (30-day public comment period begins)
- November 17, 2020 – Public Hearing – FH Board of Commissioners Meeting
- December 3, 2020 – Public Comment period ends
- December 15, 2020 – FH Board of Commissioners approve MTW plan by resolution
- January 8, 2021 – MTW Application is due to HUD
The following documents will provide further information on the MTW Demonstration Program: