Features of the HCV Program
By participating in the Housing Choice Voucher Program, property owners support low-income families to afford quality housing.
The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program offers property owners:
- Fair market rate rents (with appropriate, periodic increases allowed)
- Ability to rent to as many or as few HCV participants as desired in a building or complex
- Owner discretion to not renew a tenant’s lease when lease expires, per lease agreement
- Regular inspections of subsidized unit by the Fresno Housing Authority
- Increased payment security through on-time direct deposit of rent payments from Fresno Housing Authority.