Fresno Housing strives for a fair, open and competitive procurement process. Protocol is governed by the Agency’s Procurement Policy and federal and state standards.
All items procured fall under three different general procurement thresholds.
1. Micro-purchase procedure below $2,000: Only one quotation needs to be solicited if the price received is considered reasonable.
2. Small purchase procedure over $2,000 but not exceeding $100,000: Three offerors will be solicited to submit Quotes for Small Purchases (QSP). Award will be made to the offeror providing the lowest acceptable quotation, unless justified in writing based on price and other specified factors.
3. Formal purchasing procedures over $100,000: Formal purchasing procedures include several types of solicitations as described below:
- Invitation for Bid (IFB): Contractor selection based on the reasonably-priced lowest bid and confirmation the bidder is responsive and responsible.
- Request for Proposal (RFP): Proposal evaluation and contractor selection are based on evaluation criteria including price and contractor qualifications.
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ): Contract awarded to the responsible firm with the highest ranked qualifications. Price evaluation is not included in the selection process.